Please choose one of the following to find out more:
“The content of this course is based on our professional experiences, both as actors and as casting directors, and on our academic training. As screen actors, we are often faced with challenges such as adapting our performances to the specific medium; truely listening while performing; creating unique and sustainable characters; communicating through more than dialogue alone and portraying a character’s sincere and authentic emotions. The Acting on Screen course is inspired by the lessons we have learnt, and continue to learn. The course provides a platform for for aspiring and professional actors to learn about themselves both as human beings and as actors, to explore their love for the art of acting, and to optimise their own performance skills so that it may equal their potential.”
Read the next tab to find out why you should do the Acting On Screen course.
For enquiries or bookings, click here.
The Acting on Screen course focuses primarily on the following topics:
- Theatre acting vs. Screen acting
- Acting from one’s impulses
- Creating a character for screen
- Finding subtext through script analysis
- The emotional world of the actor and the character
- Optimising your audition skills
For dates and times of the next course, go to Schedules.
- The course is limited to 20 performers only.
- Each performer will receive ample individual attention.
- You will be recorded on camera throughout the course which provides you with a complete Acting on Screen experience!
- You will receive all the recordings of your performances throughout the course. You can then present this footage to agents and casting directors.
- Lelia is a casting director. Your footage will be placed on her database, which she utilises to show participants’ work to directors. After completing the course, will invite you the auditions she holds, should you be suited for the specific role.
- Jacques and Lelia will present the entire course themselves, and will be monitoring your growth so that you may reach your full potential.
- The course will not only enhance your skills as a performer, but will also enhance your life skills.
- Join the course now and BE THE BEST SCREEN ACTOR YOU CAN BE!
To find out more about the content of the course, click the next tab.
The Acting on Screen ORIGINAL course is a six-day course that will be presented over three consecutive weekends from 09h00 to 17h00. This course will take place in 2020 on the following dates:
8 & 9 February 2020
15 & 16 February 2020
22 & 23 February 2020
The course consists of group classes and individual recordings.
Each course is limited to 20 participants only. The course will be presented in Johannesburg and Cape Town. For enquiries or bookings, click here.
The Acting On Screen FOLLOW UP Course is a six-day course that will be presented over three consecutive weekends from 09h00 to 17h00. This course will take place in 2020 on the following dates:
18 & 19 April 2020
25 & 26 April 2020
2 & 3 May 2020
Please note that you may only attend the Follow Up course if you attended the Original course.
Each course is limited to 20 participants only. For enquiries or bookings, click here.